Here’s a dump of thoughts on Labour right now. I’ve taken my first step on being active to help out, but thought I’d write up my thoughts quickly on the state of play. More notes for myself than useful
- Crap. We didn’t get the Midlands. I helped, and apparently didn’t help enough. We’ve all had a “dry run” and whoops, we didn’t do well. How can we mobilise more Labour peeps to do stuff? The “sign up to a campaign near you” is a bit heavy for some of us. Not everyone feels comfortable in social situations. Not everyone feels prepared to sell Labour on the door steps. Can someone make a list of actions please for Labour introverts… My leafleting was pretty good for that…
2. Labour’s #GE17 policies are being knocked out the park, well done. But there’s a quad-partide of things to balance here.
- How will the party action / manage #Brexit? What plan / result do we have?
- What awesome GE policies do you have?
- Can someone take the micky out of Corbyn leaving please, he’s not. But for charity he needs to pretend to do something so it moves the conversation on.
- MONEY. How do we sell trusting Labour with cash cash cash.
4. Using cool tech to grab attention and skip showing what the news channels only want to show.
- Can we get Corbyn into the hands of the people? Can we attach a BlippAr thing to our leaflets please, so a bit like Leia in StarWars, leaflet openers get to see Corbyn talking and pumped up. Explaining to people why he’s awesome. We skip the news channels then, and get Corbyn into the hands of the people using a fun tech.
- Can we re-record the same thing to get Corbyn into a 360 video on YT?
- Can we re-record it and get him in a Google Cardboard thing talking?
- Can he do a day in the life of Corbyn Instagram Stories thing, I’d love to see people chatting with him and him selling the good stuff
Anyway, it’s just thoughts. Comment and trash away 😀