Professionally, about me
Senior Instructional Designer. Partnerships, people, products, delivery, tech and online education.
Tech, Education and delivery
- Tech Director in a Bristol startup for 5+ years, sold it in 2013
- Solution Architect
- Senior Instructional Desiginer
- E-Learning Developer
- Product Manager
- Partnership Manager
- Project Manager with Agile & Scrum
- Technology whiz’
- Studying my 2nd degree in PPE (Politics, Philosophy and Economics)
If you would like to get in touch, please contact me
Dan Course: Education
Plymouth University BSc (Hons) 1st Class
- Multimedia Computing and Technology, 2001 – 2005
Harlington Upper School
- A levels, 2001
- Computing, Theatre Studies, Music Technology, General Studies
Dan Course: Employment / Occupation
Dan Course, an experienced Project Manager, Agile practitioner and Full stack developer (coder)
2018-Present: Senior Instructional Designer
2016-2017: Digital Project Manager, Agile Coach & Developer
2015-2016: A one man digital solution team in University of Warwick (WMG Warwick University)
2013-2014 : Digital Consultant (Senior Project Management & Full Stack Developer)
2008-2013 : Technical Director & Delivery
2005-2008 : Freelance Developer
My background is originally in coding and development since my A-Level in Computing. Since then I’ve worked commercially as a developer on many digital projects specalising in Full-stack development, LAMP through to SASS and JS Frameworks.
This led to myself and co-founder me setting up Thought Den Ltd. where I was the Technical Director, taking responsibility for Project Management, Delivery, Client handling and Technical Direction.
I was also responsible for evolving our studio to run on the Agile framework and improving our digital delivery.
More recently I’ve taken these skills in managing stakeholders, knowledge of Full Stack Development and Agile as an independant Digital Consultant.
Specialties: Leading Technology Teams
Full Stack Development
Direct Client Handling
- ITR Nomad – http://www.drum-cussac.com/inform/e-learning
- Magic TATE Ball – http://www.tate.org.uk/context-comment/apps/magic-tate-ball
- Zoom – http://www.thoughtden.co.uk/zoom/
- Survival – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/survival/id467062222?ls=1&mt=8
Please do check out my blog, it’s full of Policy ideas, things to try in a democratic lab and the usual general musings, Dan Course – Blog