Recently I’ve been looking to improve our app delivery QA. We’ve had to come up with a solution for our team to run the QA.
So we got the test plan from them and currently the QA was being run from a spreadsheet… on one person’s machine.
So after much chatting with our WMG Team, I lead the design and implementation of QA system we’d be more used to. This also meant rather than me diving is a developer and just writing some tests, I am utilising the resources available to me.
Our new system…
- Keeps our workflow in Trello, which means shared work and understanding
- Handles file uploads and pictures for visual help with Asserting something passes
- Can push failed tickets straight into our Sprint board for resolution
- Can write verbose test instructions so the QA can be passed to anyone in the team
- Handles discussion on why it failed, or mistakes
- We can copy the board for each build
- In the “Master board”, we write new QA tests and maintain the Master instructions
- When a new build is released, we duplicate the “Master board”, we add the build number to its title to make a “Build board”
- We share and assign the QA tickets to the team
- We process them in order
- Any passes, we just archive the ticket, gently clearing out the board
- We mark any errors / fails / bugs in the “Build board” and move them to the Sprint board, “Failed QA” column
- Then Repeat for every QA run we need to do