Recently I’ve been working on the site thisison.com which has frequently consisted of a remote team of 2, plus adding in occasional specialist freelancers.
This has proved difficult to work completely Agile as it works best with 4 to 8 people.
Here’s the changes we made and other salient points,
* Trello boards to maintain our progress
* A QA column was preceded with a new column, Product Owner feedback, so responses responsibility between us was clearer and Feedback didn’t get mixed into QA
* Sprints were frequently 80% time locked, and then 20% time available
* Sprint Setups felt like they took longer as the Product owner needed the developer’s time to discuss the backlog grooming
* There is only one person doing lots of the work, keep them pepped up
* Keep up the daily Scrums, even with 2 people they keep the heart beating
* New people were added to Trello and had a mandatory mini-intro so they understood the process extras
It’s mostly, don’t lose faith, it won’t run as smoothly as you hope to start with.