Yes. But it’ll be like printing a coin that’s worth 0.003p that cost you £50. So if you think the little coin is going to be worth a lot more in the future, then speculate away and follow this stuff below…
However a few people have asked me about it recently so I thought I’d make a simple post to guide you.
btw. You do this at your own risk! Graphics cards get hot and could melt your computer causing very expensive damage and data loss (especially on a laptop), electricity gets spent and a plague of frogs will hit you… anyway, I hold no responsibility for anything going wrong 🙂
Anyway, this should take 10mins to get going…
2. Open it and put these details into the miner, there are linked to my account, all mining will be put to charity. If you want to mine your own coin, which I suggest you do try at some point, sign up to Slush’s pool and create a worker. Otherwise use these for now
* GUIMiner details
* Server: Slush’s Pool, https://mining.bitcoin.cz/
* Username: dancoure.sharedWorker
* Password: kjs**lL
* Flags: [leave this all empty]
* Device: Pick your graphics card
* CPU affinity: 1, 2, 3, 4 > just depends how hard you want to work it!
3. Start mining!
*** for advanced use ***
btw. This will be more exciting if you sign yourself up for a mining pool and see how much you’re mining. https://mining.bitcoin.cz/
btw. Get yourself a wallet from blockchain.info, here’s a Bitcoin address if you haven’t got a wallet. I’ll to put your earnings to charity. 18tkR2TdzHubtHBdqgBK5HfNk2LDocwMNT