Someone once said the best way to raise awareness of a subject is to put “it” in a glass box and let the people see it properly. So Sky in their wisdom has given the go ahead to release the “glass box channel” a channel dedicating 2 hours every evening to showing off some of the things the British public (that’s me, yourself, your mum and kids) have managed over the centuries to leave out of sight and out of mind.
Never fear though the subjects won’t be dull. They’ll be more riveting than Jeremy ‘snooze’ Paxman and better than Sue Barker blowing up the gocompare.com man.
The first shows will be on at 2000 (8pm) GMT time from July the 1st.
Here is the first series titles…
- People who deserve benefits. Yes, they’re there for a reason
- You are an immigrant. How the British are descended from the French
- Countries that have fought with us in WWII (Romanians, Bulgarians in Battle of Britain / Indians in Afriaci WWII) and now have population here
- Where you food comes from? 8 hours live streamed from an abattoir. Looking at how Marks and Sparks and Tescos use the same place
- The modern slave trade. How an iPhone is made
(Ps not really, just I had a funny 5 mins)